Come check out ROOM on Friday 4/8 from 6-9pm
at 1727 N Charles (Next to the Charles Theatre)
Richard and Skylar are part of this exhibition
Donald Boose / Shademare
Come to the closing reception for Donald Boose’s show in the IA 202 Gallery
Brown 202, Friday April 1st @5pm
Drop in and play some of the great little 2 player video games by our current Game Play 2 students. This will be a great opportunity to meet, talk, and enjoy food & drinks with other students, local game devs, and recent IA graduates. Everyone’s invited, so bring a friend!
- Race to the finish as competing feline aquanauts in this fish snatching racing game for two players.
Huggles & Swibbles
- Cling to your cute geometric buddy as you fall through space and match color patterns in this cooperative game for two.
- You and your partner must survive the onslaught of nightmare creatures in this arcade-inspired, glitchy arena shooter.
The deadline for the t-shirt design contest has been extended for one week till next Wednesday the 24th. Take a look at the awesome designs above and submit your own design here:http://tiny.cc/h1o88x. Voting starts in one week!
- This contest is open to all IA majors and concentrators.
- You must include the IA logo in your design.
- You can use any color shirt you wish.
- You must use this tool to create a composite image of your design.
- You can submit more than one design.
- Any designs using imagery deemed offensive, degrading or that would misrepresent the department will be tossed.
*** Designs must be submitted by February 17th, voting will commence for one week afterwards.
One night to play together!
Come to the 2nd floor of the Brown Center this Friday (Nov. 20th) from 6-9 pm to enjoy food, drinks, and the finest selection of fun & innovative local multiplayer video games!
This year’s playlist includes:
– Bad Blood (2 player, split screen hide & seek. Deadly.)
– Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Glowy 2 player co-op)
– Towerfall Ascension (4 player fantasy madness)
– Johann Sebastian Joust (7 player dancing & slapping)
– Affordable Space Adventures (3 player co-op tourism gone bad)
– Keep Talking & Nobody Explodes (Asymmetric co-op in VR. Keep cool & defuse the bomb!)
– Circles (Touch-based multiplayer round-and-round by recent IA dept grads, Karen & Cole)
– Musclecat Showdown (2 players. Muscles. Cats. Showdowns)
See you Friday!
Bring some friends! Bring some frenemies!
This Wednesday from 4-4:45 in Brown 206 we will have the founders of Urban Games Factory skyping in to present about their work and you all are welcomed and encourage to attend.
Urban Games Factory have designed and run large scale street and theatre based games all over Europe. There most recent job was creating a live game experience for San Rio ( aka Hello Kitty) for Italy’s Comic Con and a large scale zombie theater game in Milan Italy.
Hope to see you there….please be prompt as the talk will start directly at 4pm.
Dear IA and GameArts concentrators,
The spookiest month is upon us and to celebrate we have some horror themed games in the IA lounge that we think you guys should play and we are also launching the Mario Maker Contest! Please see below for the contest details:
Mario Maker Contest
“Think you can design the ultimate Super Mario level? Head into the IA lounge between 10/13 and 10/31, and show everyone what you’ve got!
Open to any IA major or Game Arts concentrator. Register by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Be sure to include your name & name of your level. Only registered participants can vote and win.
Prizes will be presented at Loco Local in late November!”
1st: 100 dollars towards one analog & one digital game.
2nd: 50 dollars towards towards one analog or one digital game.
3rd: 25 dollars towards one analog or digital game.
- Contest period: 10/13 – 10/31
- Voting period: 11/1-11/10
- Contest is open to any IA major or Game Arts concentrator.
- 1 level per participant, saved to the Wii U in the IA lounge by midnight on Oct. 31st. (Do not upload!)
- Do not include your name in the name of your level.
- Registration is mandatory to enter or vote.
- Register by sending an email with the subject “MARIO CONTEST ENTRY” email@example.com
. Include your name and the name of your level.
IMPORTANT! READ THIS!
Be very careful not to accidentally edit or delete another person’s submission. Mario Maker assumes you want to pick up with the last level you worked on, so you must make sure to Save or Load a level using the ROBOT icon in the editor. Do this before making any changes!
Games in the Lounge ( games must stay in the lounge/lab area )
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Last Night on Earth
King of NY